Wednesday 5 February 2014

A Days Dog Sitting

Phew... What a busy couple of weeks. It's safe to say that making time for blogging over the past few weeks has been hard but here we are... Finally! With the mud up to Milo's eyeballs and many of the sheep suffering with foot rot I've been playing vet, please can we have some sun now?

Anyway, readers will know that with three of our own, my family and I are quite doggy people. So when I was asked to look after two more (my Auntie's) I didn't hesitate. 




Meet Smurf, a nine year old miniature schnauzer... what a character! I've always loved Smurf but spending two days looking after her I'm smitten! In her mind she is clearly at least a Doberman if not a Great Dane, she'll stand up on her back legs and strut past anyone she passes, taking on dogs twice her size. What tickled me, when she shakes her whole back end comes of the floor, she shakes with such gusto it takes her a second to regain her balance. CUTE! 





Due to her... short nature (don't tell her I said that)... we developed a 'scoop and go' technique in order to save her from the worst of the mud. I'd scoop her up as we reached a mud patch and casually place her down after it, she'd hardly break stride sitting in my arms surveying her surroundings. Got a small dog? I recommend the 'scoop and go' technique! I don't think I'd be in best favour if I hid her in my wardrobe and refused to give her back, do you?


One Scoop of Smurf or Two?


Continuing the cuteness... Meet Indie, a rescue dog who completely loves her new life with my Auntie. She has the most beautiful temperament you could wish for. On their long daily walk, we ran them between us, Indie makes it look effortless, darting between my mum and I stopping in between us to chase her tail in excitement, while Smurf tries to catch up, her little legs going ten to the dozen! 




They are two lovely animals and I'm lucky enough to be dog sitting them again next week! YAY! 

Time to get my gravy bone treats at the ready. 
And find some more blogging inspiration! Don't forget to follow us on Pinterest and like our Facebook Page! 

Bye for now, with 



No comments:

Post a Comment