Friday 6 June 2014

A True English Country Garden

So the last week saw us scouting out areas for our up coming house move and boy did we find some beautiful places... we'll ignore the not so pretty ones!

Staying at my Auntie's allowed us three days surrounded by the stunning Somerset countryside in the village of Pitney. With it's winding roads, apple orchards and village culture, it just had to feature in this blog. Every garden seemed to epitomise an English Country Garden right down to the climbing roses encasing the fronts of houses. With my farming roots, it was heaven, tractors sitting in the fields, horses hacking (safely!) on the road... did I mention 'The Half Way House'. An Inn screaming with country character! Award winning Ale says it all! So after a few days of waking up to singing birds and horse hooves on the road it was time to embark on our mission... MI6 styley! 


True Country Garden in Pitney, Somerset
On our journey we came across Clovelly, a cobbled village that's too steep for cars so every house has a sledge for groceries... cute! In times past, donkeys were used to take things down (literally!) the village, but now the clovelly donkeys only come out when it's not raining! The gallery is definitely worth a visit, affordable pieces that are so unique and pretty, it allows you to take the seaside home with you! And the sea food shop! Yum... so much yum! 









Personally, I think we completed our job pretty well! We have found the area that we will eventually relocate to! It's stunning, fields around, and around a quarter of an hour from golden sand and surf beaches! Beautiful.

Cobbled Streets of Clovelly
No one would think, it's taken me over three hours to write this... whoops, maybe ladies... we can't multi task after all. I definitely can't learn song words for a cabaret with Melodia on Wednesday, (this sentence alone took a while... I got side tracked watching Jonathan Pryce's American Dream), sort out a farrier visit, and make dinner! 


Common Sight in the Fields of Somerset

Anyway, I better go and do one job at a time... I've disappointed myself with my inability to not get distracted...


Speak soon my country lovers!

With 






No comments:

Post a Comment